Wifi

• excagirl
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1311 by excagirl
Wifi was created by excagirl
I teach an online course and I have some students who book me on Saturdays. How is the purchased wifi? Should I bother purchasing it or just go into town and try the Wifi at Red Ramble Coffee or McDonalds? Has anyone taught while using the purchased wifi?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1312 by rayt333
Replied by rayt333 on topic Wifi
from my experience last year you are lucky to get a full page to load, speeds remind me of dial-up days, and no support, fair board blames the wireless company, company blames fair board. impossible to get refund. Best to bring your own hot spot

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1318 by Fundayout46542
Replied by Fundayout46542 on topic Wifi
I was wondering what the cell phone service is like?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1319 by rayt333
Replied by rayt333 on topic Wifi
While I never checked for signal strength, I have been coming here for many years (ten +) and never had a problem making or receiving calls, and last year was the first time we didn't bring a hotspot internet device with us........ so from my experience cell service has been good

More
1 month 12 hours ago #1342 by PapaMinion
Replied by PapaMinion on topic Wifi
Last year I had a need to log onto my company VPN to submit something for a project I was working on. While the wifi was sufficient enough for me to access Facebook and Instagram on my phone, I couldn't establish a reliable connection with my company and, when I did (at 2am), it frequently booted me off asking me to re-enter my login information for the website the wifi takes you to. I ended up going into town and using McD's wifi at breakfast time.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds