Missed registration/camping reservation window: What now for our RV?

• ShellOnWheels
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 4 days ago #1338 by ShellOnWheels
We made a last minute decision to cut short our Canada excursion and race down to MWGB 2019. We missed the registration and campoing reservation window. I see that one RV site is open, and we will try to be there first day first hour to reserve it unless someone cancels and sells us there spot before that. So, our questions:
- Are there going to be any additiona RV sites opened up at the door on day 1?
- If I don't get one of the official RV sites, can RV's park in some non-RV sites, like non-serviced dry camping overflow?
- If that is also a no, are there any nearby parks that organizers are pointing people towards, or that are likely to have other MWGB attendees there? We really want to have the social aspect of being with other RV Geocachers.

Thanks all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #1339 by GHBuccaneers
If there are not any RV sites available you can use a regular site depending on size of your RV. Some people will use 2 sites back to back if they need more room. Most sites have water and electric although you may need 100+ feet of extension cord/hose. Check in with camping registration when you arrive for availability.

More
1 month 13 hours ago #1340 by RedPony
Due to an accident this week, our tow vehicle was totaled and we will not be bringing our RV down this year. I have 2 RV sites if you are still in need of one - we will most likely put tents on the other if we cant find a room that is decent and close by.
RV site 31 and 32. Just let me know if interested and we can settle up sometime this weekend for the $55.00

More
1 month 13 hours ago #1341 by RedPony
Due to an accident this week, our tow vehicle was totaled and we will not be bringing our RV down this year. I have 2 RV sites if you are still in need of one - we will most likely put tents on the other if we cant find a room that is decent and close by.
RV site 31 and 32. Just let me know if interested and we can settle up sometime this weekend for the $55.00

• april.schwendeman@yahoo.com
More
1 month 6 hours ago #1345 by april.schwendeman@yahoo.com
Replied by april.schwendeman@yahoo.com on topic Missed registration/camping reservation window: What now for our RV?
We would Love to have one of your RV spots! You can email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or message me back here. Thanks!!

• ShellOnWheels
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 6 hours ago #1346 by ShellOnWheels
Yes please I would most definitely like to buy one of your RV sites. I waited over 24 hours for a reply from someone else who suggested they would sell a site due to an RV break down, but they have not replied so I am interested in yours. I am likely to arrive in the AM on Thursday, perhaps before you? Which of your two sites should I check into and under what name and geocaching handle? Feel free to message me on the geocaching site, I am ShellOnWheels or email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I will be happy to pay you cash when we meet up.
Jack

More
1 month 6 hours ago #1347 by april.schwendeman@yahoo.com
Replied by april.schwendeman@yahoo.com on topic Missed registration/camping reservation window: What now for our RV?
I just realized that might have seemed like I was hijacking your post. Sorry that wasn’t my intention. This is our first bash - we booked a site M-12 not realizing the water and electric could be an issue . We are camping with our 5 year old who is on a vent and I’ve been hoping we could get an RV spot if there were any cancellations since full hook up would be really nice. I saw their post and got excited. We messaged about another one a few ago but missed it too. Just wanted to apologize if my post seemed rude.

• ShellOnWheels
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 6 hours ago #1348 by ShellOnWheels
April that is very thoughtful of you. One thing we could consider doing, if RedPony is amenable, is I buy one site, you buy the other site, and we both agree that RedPony gets to put a tent on each of our sites and share electricity if they are unable to find suitable hotel arrangements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: april.schwendeman@yahoo.com

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #1350 by RedPony
Thank you ShellOnWheels. I am glad that these sites will be used I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I was also able to get a room at the hotel just 1/2 mile from the fairgrounds, so I will be offering my other site to April. We will meet up sometime during the event. Not sure how it works at check-in, I guess you would just tell them the site number you will be on either RV31 or RV32.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #1351 by april.schwendeman@yahoo.com
Thanks so much RedPony. We will look for you (or you’ll know where to find us) so we can settle up. Thank you again.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds