MWGB Vending and Licensing Policies
The MWGB will conduct a silent auction as part of the Vendor Area with proceeds to benefit the organization as part of the flea market. There is no fee required to sell in the Vendor Area, but donations to the silent auction are suggested at 10% of your expected sales receipts.
Vendors - Please Contact Us
All Vendors must contact us a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the event to reserve vendor space. Please fill out our vendor table request form to get your name on the list. Sponsors will get priority for the space they need and better positioning in the vendor area, and then other vendors will have preference on a first come, first served basis.
There is no selling of any items on the Midwest Geobash venue unless it is during posted vending hours and in our vendor areas by registered vendors. Anyone caught violating this policy will be asked to leave the event grounds.
Use of the mascot(s) is now permitted on non-commercial items. Donation of samples is suggested, not required.
The following policies apply to the use of trade/service marks of the event and the Midwest Geocaching Foundation.
- The name, abbreviation, website, and mascots of MWGB are all considered trademarks
- Permission must be sought and documented for use of the trademarks
- We reserve the right to refuse any request which we feel will negatively impact the viability or atmosphere we are trying to build/promote with the MWGB.
- Items to be used for commercial purposes require paid licensing
- Payment is $.50 per item, with a 500 unit minimum ($250)
- Samples of each version/type of the item are requested to use as prizes, in the silent auction, etc. and will also be included in our “Swag Museum” which will be on display each year at the event.
- Items to be used for non-commercial purposes are permitted without licensing fee, but must still adhere to the review/samples policies.
- NOTE: Use of the mascot(s) is permitted on non-commercial items only but must adhere to the review policy.
Once approved, we will provide you an email approval which documents your status and our agreement. This email can be used as proof of permission at places which require this for copyrighted content.
This licensing policy, along with the Vending Policy, is designed to preserve the atmosphere of the event as well as preserve the MWGF’s ability to use the name, abbreviation, mascots, and other service/trade marks for the MWGB event for fundraising purposes. Our policies are designed to enable individuals/companies to participate and contribute in a manner that is consistent and proportional to their benefit derived from the use of our service marks.